Yearning for Home While I'm at Home
Essays by Ra-Bin Kwon
Illustrated by Jeon Oh
Translated by Maria Concepcion Loren R. Chua
Published: 2020 (original), 2022 (English version)
204 pages | 500 grams | 6 by 7.5 inches
Have you ever felt so lonely that you wish you could disappear? Are there days when you feel so heavy with sadness that all you could do is crouch down?
Painfully raw and honest, bestselling Korean author Ra-bin Kwon shares pieces of her personal life through a series of essays and beautiful illustrations made by Oh Jeong that readers can definitely relate with, as if it’s a story of their own.
Find comfort, discover your strength and fall in love again as this book boldly takes a deep dive into the feelings of loneliness, anxiety and heartbreak.
A book that captured the hearts of millions worldwide is finally available in English!
- Best Selling Korean title of 2021
- #1 Bestselling Book in Amazon Japan of 2021
- Translated into Japanese, Vietnamese and Indonesian
- Recommended by one of South Korea’s most popular idols
“Like how a snail carries a house on its back to defend itself, each one of us needs a warm person and space to embrace us all the time.”
Yearning from Home While I’m at Home is a book that doesn’t tell you what to do. It doesn’t have a rigid checklist of steps on how to heal from emotional wounds. Instead, it’s a book that shares your pain and embraces you as you find your way towards happiness.
Each chapter tells a different story. In this book you will find:
- How to fall in love again when you’ve been hurt before
- Why you deserve happiness more than anyone else
- How you can overcome and endure life when it gets weary
- Why people drift apart and break up
- How to appreciate moments of small but certain happiness, and
- What “home” really means to you
“To you, who are entirely facing a reality
and life where you can’t blame anyone,
I hope you live a better life.
I hope that someday, you’ll be happy.”