True Beauty Vol. 1
The popular romance Naver Webtoon we’ve all binge read in 2019 and watched as a TV series in 2020 is now available in print.
“After binge-watching beauty videos online, a shy comic book fan masters the art of makeup and sees her social standing skyrocket as she becomes her school’s prettiest pretty girl overnight. But will her elite status be short-lived? How long can she keep her real self a secret? And what about that cute boy who knows her secret?” - Naver Webtoon
One of the most popular manhwas ever published on Webtoon!
- A Naver Webtoon original with over 830 million viewers and 6.8 million subscribers
- Authored and illustrated by South Korean comic artist Nayoung Kim, popularly known as Yaongyi
- Produced as a TV series in 2020 starring actress Gayoung Moon, Eunwoo Cha of the idol group ASTRO, and actor Inyeop Hwang
- Featured in collaborations with makeup and perfume brands such as All My Things and W.Dressroom
It’s more than just a romantic comedy! True Beauty also touches upon very relatable stories on:
- Self-discovery, and development
- Korean beauty and SNS (Social Networking Service) culture
- Family and friendship
- Student life
- K-Pop and so much more!
“Makeup can take you to new places, like the center of a love triangle. True Beauty is romance manhwa with plenty of drama” - Naver Webtoon
Written and Illustrated by: Yaongyi (Nayoung Kim)
Published: 2020 (original) 2022 (English Translation)
288 pages | 500 grams | 5.71 by 7.87 inches